Even if you are stressed for time, in Cairns for a brief stopover, or you’ve missed your connection we have some options to help you pass the time and give you some insights into life “up here” that just might persuade you to want to come back for a longer visit.
Don’t waste your time sitting in a hotel lobby or airport lounge, come out with us and meet a few of the locals and see what life is like in Australia’s far north. Give us a call so that we can tailor a tour to suit your needs.
Take a look, some of our favourite Half-Day Tailored Tour components include:
• Cairns Botanical Gardens The best display of tropical flora in Australia as well as insights into the story of how a private garden became one of the best collections of natives and non-native plants in Australia.
• Rusty’s Market (Friday & Saturday only) A local’s favorite and the most authentic tropical and exotic market style food experience in Cairns.
• Palm Cove The best beachfront experience in town, maybe you would fancy a world-class Spa treatment, relaxing to the sound of the sea? (own expense), watch the Agile Wallabies in the wild before it gets too hot and they retreat to the bush, or just a stroll along the beachfront.
• Pop into a local shopping centre, mix and shop amongst the locals and maybe taste some Aussie beauties like the uniquely delicious Tasmanian Oyster.
• Kuranda Express Drive up and Down the Kuranda Range with your private driver guide, or glide over the rainforest canopy, one way, aboard the award winning Skyrail Cableway. Explore Kuranda at a relaxed pace and enjoy its laid back hippie atmosphere. Fruit tasting, morning tea and coffee available.
You can add some other stops if you’ve got the time…
Find out more
• Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight the best aerial experience in Cairns of the The Great Barrier Reef that will give you a unique perspective on your reef experience in the water and a better understanding on the reefs structures…
We have fixed wing and helicopter options available… whatever you choose you can expect a spectacular 30 or 45 minutes flight with transfers from any Cairns accommodation.
Drop us a line or give us a call, Reef flights can be combined with any of the other options and we can quote you costs upon request.
• Southern Sky Night Tour learn about Aboriginal Astronomy & viewing of the deep sky nebulae, galaxies & stars of the Southern Sky while keeping your feet planted firmly on the ground. Overnight stays a must for this tour…. naturally.
Find out more